The appropriate safety measures introduced in good time are continuously adapted compliant with the current requirements to protect the employees and internal company processes. Visits and trips are only carried out after consultation with the responsible Chief Officer.
You are welcome to contact us at any time with any questions. Your contact is
Dr.-Ing. Stefan Rüsenberg
Chief Technical Officer
T: +49 2961 7405-0
As “life protectors” we know that preventive measures are part of a holistic protection concept. We cannot change the situation, but our attitude and how we deal with it! One of the REMBE® advantages is the young team. The majority of us are not in the risk group. It's good.
Furthermore, REMBE® is financially fully independent and can therefore handle even bad times and ensure full operational status without any restriction. Our decision making process is as swift as it can be.
I am constantly in contact with my Steering Committee Members as well as the designated COVID-19 Supervisors and most of the Staff Members.
Our supply chain is safe. Our stocks are still well filled.
To give you a brief insight in our Pandemic Emergency Plan COVID-19, here is an extract of Precautions and Safety Measures already having been valid since 2020-03-16 and continuously adapted to current requirements.
- All areas continue to work absolutely safely.
- Everyone is at least 1.5 m apart. Professionally and privately. Now self-responsibility comes before selfishness.
- The minimum distance of 1.5 m is visible by floor marking if necessary.
- If the minimum distance of 1.5 m cannot be maintained employees must use a medical mask, even when entering and leaving the buildings resp. of the offices during the working time.
- If a COVID-19 infection is suspected, the employee gets in touch directly with our company doctor, his family doctor or a COVID-19 test center allocated by the local health authority.
- Employees with relevant symptoms immediately inform the responsible team leader, the shift leader or the responsible Chief Officer. If on site, those employees leave the premises promptly. They contact their doctor or alternatively the company doctor. The responsible team leader, the shift leader or the responsible Chief Officer immediately identifies the other employees which whom they have been in contact and informs them about potential infection risks.
- Conference rooms are also converted for people to take their breaks at a safe distance of 1.5 m.
- The max. number of person per conference resp. break room and per table in these rooms is defined and for the employees easily comprehensible by clear marking.
- We have separated Sales from Production. The areas within the buildings are clearly separated.
- Office space is occupied in such a way that there is sufficient space between everyone.
- There is no longer an exchange of people between the individual buildings, the individual sectors in the buildings and locations in Brilon and our 9 Subsidiaries all over the planet.
- In production the working time is from 5:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m. By working in units and the systematic arrangement of the employees (even clearly visualized by wearing shirts in different colors) the conditions are provided to keep the minimum distance of 1.5 m in production.
- All employees who can work on the move stay at home until further notice.
- The quota of mobile work places in comparison with the total number of office workplaces is at least 60 %.
- Employees who have to work on site use their private car or two-wheeler for coming to work. Cars are not shared. Local public transport is not used.
- We reduce internal meetings to a minimum. We avoid people gathering in front of coffee machines, for example.
- Business trips are only carried out after consultation with the responsible Chief Officer.
- External visitors have access to our buildings if approved by the responsible Chief Officer and with medical mask only. The visitors have to fill in and sign the REMBE® COVID-19 visitor survey prior to their visit. With access to the building they are instructed to follow the defined hygiene rules for visitors.
We are flexible in our approach, communicate within the teams and work together. These instructions will change as necessary as we monitor the ongoing situation.
Be assured that with REMBE® you have a rock-solid, reliable and financially strong Partner.
You can count on us.
Be well everyone! Stay safe!
Chief Executive Officer
Overview of your advantges
- By saving time and money – no more travel time or expenses
- By safeguarding the required documentation – full digital documentation is provided, including images and sound
- By acting globally – your colleagues and partners at other locations around the world can participate in acceptance audits and tests, even at short notice
PROCESS OF A DIGITAL AUDIT
To begin, we coordinate with you on which tests/inspections are to be performed. Most digital audits include burst tests, hydrostatic tests, leak tests or material-specific tests, such as PMI. The question of “how” follows – you decide what you want to see, whether you want to follow along with the approval live or whether a recording of the tests is sufficient. By request, we implement a pre-test so that you can get to know the test environment and the equipment used in advance and, if necessary, determine additional requirements for the acceptance tests.
The actual inspection follows as well as its documentation and follow-up. You can also choose freely whether you want photo or video documentation and how we should send you the desired data.
Find our REMBE® Digital Audit Video here
However, not only does the new Q-Bic™ isolation system look good but the design has been developed with functional and hygienic aspects in mind. The Q-Bic™ extinguishing barrier offers a variety of visible and invisible highlights: the firmly attached transport handles, which allow safe installation and transport of the extinguishing barriers, are obvious. They are very helpful, especially when the Q-Bic™ is installed in hard-to-reach places or at high altitudes. Thanks to the convex dirt protection cap, neither water nor dust deposits can accumulate on the Q-Bic™. The “inner values” of the Q-Bic™ are also remarkable: the blue-green extinguishing powder QXP prevents cross-contamination and the patented SJX nozzle ensures an optimum application of the extinguishing powder. Thanks to the specially developed release mechanism without explosives, the Q-Bic™ can be easily imported worldwide. The Q-Bic™ is particularly suitable for large pipes attached to dryers and filters or complex shaft geometries such as conveyors and elevators.
In addition to the ultra-modern offices, the new two-storey office building also houses a large, friendly lounge, which is also used for events such as the REMBE® Safety Days. The short distances to the production areas at Zur Heide and to the test field at the REMBE® Research + Technology Center that have resulted from the move enable even faster coordination between sales, development and production.
We operate sustainably – REMBE® is certified according to EN ISO 14001:2015 environmental management systems and attaches great importance to the careful, considered handling of resources. There was therefore no question that the issue of environmental and climate protection would play a major role in the planning of the new building. The focus here was on energy-efficient construction through the use of renewable energies such as heating with an air heat pump and energy-efficient glazing with automatic adjustment of the light exposure level.
The findings and experience from the internal REMBE® green initiative were also incorporated into the new production and packaging methods.
The REMBE® Explosion Safety Days combine the latest topics and presentations, top rank speakers as well as extraordinary evening events. It is a two-day networking event to exchange experiences and protection approaches.
A broad range of perspectives are required to obtain a holistic picture regarding Explosion Safety in the food and beverage industry. This is why the speakers at REMBE® Safety Days 2019 include operators, OEMs, insurance companies and authorities.
One of the highlights at the event is the live explosion demonstration carried out by REMBE® Research + Technology Center GmbH.
The event will be held in English due to the international audience. In addition to theoretical explanations and practical experience reports, a key importance is also placed on providing sufficient time for the personal exchange of information.
Find here the full programme as well as the registration form.
Q-Flap RX™ non-return valve
The new Q-Flap RX™ non-return valve is a joint development between REMBE® and the Swiss company RICO. The Q-Flap RX™ is available up to DN 1250.
The strict requirements of EN 16447 are mainly achieved through the very high strengths and flexible installation distances. This is made possible by the so-called swivel carriage principle.
Isolation is essential for an effective Explosion Safety. No matter how much operators invest into (flameless) venting, if an isolation is missing the explosion can spread within the system and continue to propagate from one facility part to another.
Flameless pressure relief for elevators: Q-Ball® E
The Q-Ball® E, which is primarily designed for elevators, uses the principle of the contour-parallel relief developed by REMBE®. Thanks to the innovative design, the weight of the Q-Ball® is very low. While comparable products from other suppliers weigh between 100-200 kg, the Q-Ball® is an absolute lightweight with just 25-50 kg. This particularly facilitates the handling during assembly, as well as the requirements for an installation on the systems in the truest sense of the word.
REMBE® Process Safety and REMBE® Kersting GmbH
At POWTECH 2019, the REMBE® Process Safety business unit will also be presenting various new products, including a non-invasive signalling system and a newly developed graphite rupture disc.
In addition to the REMBE® GmbH Safety + Control with the business units Explosion Safety and Process Safety, as well as REMBE® Research + Technology GmbH, REMBE® Kersting GmbH will also participate at the POWTECH. A new, fully automatic sampling system will be presented, that is able to depict the entire process chain from the sample extraction in one part of the plant all the way up to the laboratory. In addition to inline sampling, REMBE® Kersting offers its customers products for flow measurements, and the silo weighing of bulk materials worldwide.
You will find the REMBE® Alliance companies in Hall 5, at Booths 5-407, 5-408, 5-409 and 5-410.